Here is an update on some big news that has occured in the past week:
- I had an interview for a potential job last week.
- I worked at a volleyball camp all of last week, working long hours with the longest day being 15 hours.
- At a midnight showing of "Dark Knight Rises" on Friday, there was a massive shooting that has killed 12 people and injured many others. What drives people to do such cruel things, what pushes them over the edge, will always remain a mystery to me. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. I can't imagine how awful this must be. I also think about the suspect's family and what a strange and terrible situation they are now placed in as a result of this. And the suspect was a bright individual with his whole life ahead of him...only a year younger than I am. What makes screwing up your life (and everyone else's) "worth it"?
Had a little diet slip up yesterday during lunch, and our water isn't working, but it could be a whole lot worse.
Today is the first day of a 30 day "healthy food only" diet, with the only exceptions being ice cream and a wedding we are attending in a few weeks.
As I have found myself increasingly busy, and less able to keep this blog updated, I have seriously considered discontinuing the blog. However, I think it is important to me to document the events of my life, significant and insignificant, so that at a later date I can reflect upon them. I think it would also be neat to one day have my children read parts or all of my blog and see what life was like for me growing up, both the important milestones and the day to day occurances. I got an idea from Pinterest, of all places, to do a daily documentation in one sentence or less. They suggested to write it on an index card, and then to start over the next year using the same index cards, so you can see what you did a year ago on that exact day. Then as the years go by, you can look back at what you did 10 years ago on that day. I thought the idea was interesting and fitting for me as I generally don't have a lot of time to blog. I am going to start doing one sentence posts and include at least one picture as well. On the occassion that something particularly big or important happens, I will actually do a full length blog post, but for now, I will stick to one sentence a day...starting tomorrow.
I haven't had a lot of time to blog recently, so I think the best way to catch you all up is to post a bunch of pictures I've taken over the past couple of months. There is a lot of beautiful here in North Carolina.
|Red Neck Deer Blind|
|Preserve near our house|
|We got just a tad bit of rain last week|
|Part of my birthday present from my hubby|
|From my coworkers|
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Here are ten things I am loving right now...
1. My hubby, Benny
2. My puppy, Stanley
3. All of my wonderful family and friends (I am so blessed)
4. Desserts (duh!)
5. North Carolina winters
6. Basketball coaches canceling 6AM practice (mmm...sleeping in...)
7. P90X (yup, we're still "bringing it")
8. Pre-season triathlon training
9. All other foods that aren't dessert, but more specifically bacon and cheese
10. The "Love Songs" station on Pandora (right now, "Faithfully" by Journey is playing *le sigh* )
|I LOVE this picture!!|
Growing up, I always looked forward to Sunday mornings. I would always try to be the first one up so I could be the first one to read the Sunday morning comics. I thought it would be fun to have a Sunday morning comics themed series of blog posts. There won't always be illustrations (but I'll try to do as many as I can to make it entertaining), but they'll always be short, light-hearted and funny stories.
Earlier this week, we had the Family Feud on the TV in the athletic training room. I was working with one of my male student-athletes who was doing rehab. He also happens to be from a non-English speaking country.
The question on the game show was "Name something that starts with 'doggie' ".
He blurts out "doggie style" which initiated a bunch of laughter and joking reprimands like "You can't talk like that in here" and "We know what's on your mind right now."
His response: "I'm sorry. I don't know much English. That's the only 'doggie' I know."
Well, at least he's learning the important parts of English...
I've been working hard on a new blog. My dream for it is to some day be a place where I can showcase my hats that I will make for my (hopefully) millinery business. It is also a place where I can merge all of my creative outlets into one giant outlet. Those outlets also include fashion and acting. Maybe one day when I actually have a house to call my own (or maybe even a house that I live in for more than a year or two at a time), I'll also post pictures of some of my renovations, DIY projects or new additions to the house.
Right now, it is just a couple reviews of Red Carpet attire from recent awards shows, but in the near future, I hope to add pictures of outfits that I have put together, pictures of other people wearing outfits they have put together, stories about attempts to become an actress, and of course, hats!!!
I want to get a digital SLR camera for my blog to help to blog look nicer (and just to take nicer pictures for my own personal enjoyment). Does anybody have any suggestions for quality, but still relatively cheap cameras?
Anyways, without further ado: actfashmillinery.wordpress.com