Ten For Tuesday: Wisconsin Fun Facts

Hey guys! Happy Tuesday! I have been really busy at work recently (seems to be a recurring theme), so I haven't had much of a chance to blog. Believe me, you aren't missing much. I am also starting a new blog for my creative endeavors (acting, fashion, and millinery), so I don't have to bore you with the gruesome details here. I am still keeping this blog to talk about triathlons, running, and my life in general. Once I get the layout of the new blog just how I like it (I already have blog posts about the Golden Globes!), I'll post a link here. Hopefully, that doesn't leave you hanging too much.

I grew up in Wisconsin, so today's Ten For is Wisconsin Fun Facts from 50states.com.

1. Wisconsin's Door County has five state parks and 250 miles of shoreline along Lake Michigan. These figures represent more than any other county in the country.

2. Devil's Lake was established in 1911. The facility has become one of Wisconsin's oldest and most famous state parks. It leads the state parks in attendance.
----> I went camping here with my dad once when I was younger.

3. In 1882 the first hydroelectric plant in the United States was built on the Fox River.

4. Wausau is the ginseng capital of the world.

5. The American Birkebeiner, a 52K cross-country ski race between Cable and Hayward, is the largest on the North American continent.

6. Mount Horeb is the Troll Capital of the World and home to the Mustard Museum.

7. Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells is the nation's largest water-themed park.
----> I've only been here once or twice or a ton of times.

8. The nation's first kindergarten was established in Watertown in 1856. Its first students were local German-speaking youngsters.

9. The original Barbie is from Willows. Barbie's full name is Barbie Millicent Roberts.

10. The first Ringling Brothers Circus was staged in Baraboo in 1884.

A few more because I had a hard time picking just ten...

Two Rivers is the home of the ice cream sundae.

The Republican Party was founded in Ripon in 1854.

The Hamburger hall of fame is located in Seymour.

The National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward is shaped like a Muskie.

Mercer is the Loon Capital of the World.

With an average of 2,500 performers, Milwaukee's Summerfest is the nation's largest music festival.

Eagle River is known as the Snowmobile Capital of the World.

Sturgeon Bay is the Shipbuilding Capital of the Great Lakes.

Sheboygan is the Bratwurst Capital of the World.

The falls in Niagara has the same geological feature as Niagara Falls, New York. (I don't get this one. They're both waterfalls?)

Green Bay is the Toilet Paper Capital of the World.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...


Really? The Republican party was founded in the same state that has the Loon Capital of the world? Who would have known?



Post a Comment