Weekend Recap: May 6-8, 2011Va

On Friday, I got the call from my supervisor saying that it would be my last mandatory day of work. I will still be coming in for a little bit every other day to help wrap up the rehabs that I am coordinating. It feels good to know that its smooth sailing from now until graduation.

Following work, we (my co-workers and I) went to a party at Regina Pizzeria for the graduating athletic training students. Its a party to celebrate their passing over from students to our colleagues. Its pretty much we take the seniors out and buy them food and bevies. Then our bosses go home, and we buy them a lot more bevies. Knowing I had a race coming up, I personally stayed away from the bevies and went home when the bosses left. I was really struggling watching everyone else throwing back the brewskies while I sat there sipping my H2O.

I came home and watched the end of the Bruins game (swept those Flyers). It was good revenge after last year's result (lost the series after leading it 3-0).

On Saturday, Ben and I hung out and relaxed. I probably should have spent some time studying for my final, but yeah, didn't happen. We also took a dip in the Mystic Valley River Lake Pond Dam Ocean...whatever its called these days. I hate cold water, if you didn't gather that from my NE Season Opener Race Report.

Saturday night, we attended the women's ice hockey banquet. It was held on the 9th floor of the SMG building at BU. It was like your stereotypical Ivy school room where everything is ornate, wooden, and there are paintings of famous persons associated with the school in the past. It was so nice to see all the girls together one last time. The dinner was also fabulous. They started with a salad with balsalmic vinigarette and a roll. For dinner, we had roasted chicken in a lemon lime sauce and roasted potatoes. Finally, for dessert there was a small chocolate cake topped with fudge, strawberries and whipped cream. Perfect night before race meal, in my opinion. The coaches honored the student athletes by awarding them with various awards (MVP, Unsung hero, Spirit Award, etc.) and of course they announced next year's captain and alternate captains. I'm so proud of these girls and what they accomplished this year, and I know they will do amazing things next year. I just wish I could be there for it. They also acknowledged Jenn (my supervisor) and me by giving us a framed picture of the team and flowers.

Sunday morning, as you may already know from yesterday's post, we participated in the New England Season Opener Sprint triathlon where I shaved 18 minutes off of my time from last year. Following races, we have a tradition of stopping at a mall on the way home to walk off some of the effects of the race from our legs. We stopped at the Natick mall, which we have never been to before. We got our free monthly Godiva truffle, walked around for a while and headed home. We showered and tried to nap, but it turned out we were just physically tired, not ready for bed tired. We spent the rest of the day lounging around home and watching the San Jose Sharks let the Red Wings win. I did do some studying during intermission, but I think it was a grand total of 30 minutes. Really though, today I am nipping this in the butt and studying. My final is tomorrow at 4PM. I just can't wait for it to be over so I can finally say I'm done with school.

Mellow/Mumford Monday:


Post a Comment