You May Now Call Me Master

I apologize for not giving daily updates. I have been crazy busy over the past couple of weeks. A lot happened this weekend, so I'll keep this brief...either making it more boring or less boring.

As you may or may not already know, I graduated this weekend, so my family and Ben's family were in town. Ben's family got into town Friday night, so we went to dinner and did a driving tour of Boston.

My parents flew in around noon on Saturday. We spent the morning with Ben's family walking the Freedom Trail until  I had to leave to pick up my parents at the airport.

Mass State House...notice the affixed Bruins playoff banner

I'm running out of reasons to not join this church..."The Best Way to Get Drunk"

Ben's parents wanted to go to the beach and Lexington and Concord. My parents didn't want to drive very much as they just got done spending hours on the plane. Plus, my dad had only slept six hours in the past two days and really just wanted to sleep. So Ben drove his family and I went shopping on Newbury Street with my mom.

That evening we all went to dinner at MJ O'Connors, which is as you can imagine, an Irish restaurant/pub. We celebrated Brooke's (my S-I-L) birthday and Ben's early birthday while we were there. I had quite the delicious mac 'n' cheese there.

Then of course Sunday was graduation day. In the morning, my college had its smaller ceremony where I actually received my diploma. At least this ceremony was indoors. It just so happened to be in the 50's and cloudy that day so we wanted to spend as little time as possible outside. However, the large ceremony was outdoors. It didn't matter that it was cold and windy. It just mattered that it wasn't raining. Katie Couric was the speaker at Commencement. She did a great job other than she used a lot of quotes in her speech, so most of it was someone else's speech anyways.

Katie Couric

After the ceremony, we went downtown for dinner at Legal Seafood. I had the lobster special which came with clam chowder, steamed lobster and cheesecake. Ben's parents had to drive home right after so we said our goodbyes. My parents came over to our apartment for a little bit to hang out...and taunt our hamster.
Ben's Family

My Parents

I was hungry

Ben's parents

My dad caught red handed taunting the hamster

The next morning, I joined my parents at their hotel for breakfast. My dad and I went for a walk while my mom showered and packed. When she was ready we drove over to the North End and walked around there. Of course, we had to make a pit stop at Mike's Pastries (a must if you ever visit Boston...I recommend the cannolis). We also walked over to the harbor and we were lucky enough to see a freight ship leaving the harbor.

Before I knew it, it was time to take my parents to the airport as well. I feel like we don't get to spend enough time with our families. Its harder not knowing for sure when we will see them again. I also didn't get to see my brother or sister either this weekend as they had school and what not themselves.

I applied for a position at Wake Forest. It would put us right smack dab in the middle between our parents (9hr each way) if I got that job. Although, I would take any position right now.

Toss Up Tuesday:


Barb said...

Congrats on being a Master :)

Post a Comment